Adoption Opportunities @ RMFR
Find the personality type that's a purr-fect fit for you and your family! We have many loving companions to choose from! Bring the whole family to visit our furr-kids and find the purr-fect one for you!
The Adoption Fees: Effective November 25, 2016
Payable by check, cash or credit card through PayPal or Square
Adult cats — $70.00 or 2 for $100
Kittens — Call for current price
Cats over 10 years of age — $50
FIV+ and FeLV+ cats — $50 or 2 for $70
What your Adoption Fee Covers:
- FIV/FeLV test
- FVRCPC and FeLV vaccine and booster
- Spay or Neuter
- 2 weeks of health care support
The RMFR difference:
We take pride in the medical care our cats receive. All of our cats are examined and given dental cleanings if needed.
To facilitate a quicker adoption process, please bring with you:
- All members of your household, excluding pets.
- Proof that your current cats have had an FVRCP vaccine within the last year (3 year vaccines are acceptable) and proof that all animals in the household are spayed or neutered.
- We also require the name of the veterinary hospital/clinic and the phone number for verification if proof of vaccination and spay or neuter cannot be provided.
- Your lease with pet policy included if you are renting, and the phone number of your landlord. Please note that if you are required to pay a pet deposit, fee/rent, you must provide a receipt of payment before we can release the cat to you.
- If you own your own home we will verify online that it is, in fact, owned by you.
The Adoption Process:
- Complete the Adoption Application (printable .pdf here)
- Tour the Facility: We will guide you through the shelter and answer any questions you might have.
- Meet and Greet cats that would be a good fit: If you have a good idea of the perfect cat for you, we will point out some potential matches. If you are interested in certain individuals you have seen online, we will help you locate them and answer any questions you might have.
- Spend Some Time with the cats/kittens: After the tour and your questions have been answered, relax and spend some time with the cats while we take care of the application process. Please understand that it takes more than a few minutes to decide if an individual cat is the right cat for you. When you are finished, come up to the office.
- Discuss verified application, what is needed, and if there are problems: If there are things that need to be done before we can adopt a cat to you, such as vaccinating your current cats or payment of a pet deposit, etc. we will let you know at this time.
- Discuss the cat(s) you have chosen: Not every cat is perfect for every household, and the one(s) you chose (or the individuals that choose you) might not be the best fit. Some of our cats have chronic health problems and must receive extra care, some will not tolerate children, are very shy, or have proven to not do well in certain circumstances. When a good fit is found, we move on to the final stages.
- Complete the Adoption Contract: The adoption contract will be filled out by an RMFR representative and is a legally binding item. Please read it carefully and agree with it in its entirety before signing.
- Discuss the cat’s medical record, booster shots, and any unanswered questions or concerns.
What to do if the cat becomes ill within 2 weeks or less after adoption:
Please alert us to the problem ASAP! Call the shelter and make arrangements to have the cat seen by one of our vet techs. You will receive information about our health care support with your adoption paperwork.
All RMFR cats and kittens have a permanent home here.
If for any reason you have to find a new home for a cat or kitten you have adopted from RMFR, please make arrangements with the shelter for its return or simply bring him or her back during business hours.
If you are unable to adopt an animal at this time, consider making a difference by sponsoring or making a donation.